Monday, May 17, 2010

pearls...

Recently I lost someone I love and when those things happen it makes you think about all the good times you shared. My wedding was one of those times.

When I told my grandfather I got engaged he offered the standard "congratulations" and then, he said, "you are going to wear your pearls, aren't you?" When I was born he and my grandmother started the necklace for me and for most birthdays and holidays I usually received a pearl or two to add to it. He finished it for me for my college graduation. I always knew the necklace would be a special and timeless piece, but after losing him it makes it even more special.

Of course I wore them on my wedding day, I know most likely I would have worn them whether he said it or not. Between the pearls and the dance we shared the wedding is a wonderful memory...

No comments:

Post a Comment